Request group membership
Total votes: 0
By: David Zemon, created: 2014-07-05 | updated: 2014-09-02
What PropWare IS
PropWare is a combination of three key pieces:
- Easy, configurable and fast C++ objects for the Propeller (includes the C Simple Library from Parallax,
- libpropeller, and my own PropWare namespace)
- An easy-to-use and robust build system using CMake (lots of examples for anyone not yet familiar)
- Thorough documentation regarding both source code and setup
What PropWare is NOT
- PropWare is not a replacement for Parallax's Propeller C Learning System.
- PropWare does not and will not teach you how to write C or C++ applications.
- PropWare does not and will not teach you everything you need to know about the Propeller and how to use it.
My goal is to provide both beginner and expert users alike a single environment that approaches the simplicity
of of SimpleIDE or Arduino without sacrificing a single ounce of power or flexibility. This is accomplished
entirely with CMake and Python. An installation script is provided in Python that will set up your environment
for you (including downloading dependencies) and CMake gives you a wonderfully easy way to build your binaries.
If you are an Eclipse user, CMake provides a simple command that will generate an Eclipse project for you (no
need for a special Propeller plugin!). When JetBrain's releases their new C++ IDE (CLion), it will support CMake
out-of-the-box and PropWare will be ready for it (I am currently using the EAP version).
All source code has been MIT licensed and hosted on GitHub with documentation and binaries available from my
- More C++ for the Propeller!
- CMake for the Propeller!
- Support for Eclipse, CLion and other full-featured IDEs!
- Active development - I'm open to requests for new objects/peripherals!
PropWare Home: http://david.zemon.name/PropWare/
C Learning System: http://learn.parallax.com/propellerc