Makes bursts of pulses, a given number at a given frequency. Uses cog counters, from Spin.Frequency can range from 1 Hertz up to 40 MHz, burst length up to 26+ seconds. (at clkfreq = 80MHz, 2^31 cycles)The companion demo program allows the frequency within burst and the number of pulses to be entered and verified at the debug terminal.
- Generate a number of led pulses as a helpful indicator of status.
- Generate a burst of 40kHz for an ultrasonic transducer.
- Generate a burst with a certain number of pulses to move a stepper motor or actuator a desired distance. e.g. 57 pulses at 3 MHz to drive a stepper motor 57 steps
- Generate up/down pulses to set a digital potentiometer
- Generate a burst to refresh a high voltage in a DC to DC conversion scheme.
- Generate laser pulses for a sensor or communication scheme.
- Generate a radio frequency blip
All from Spin